Sunday 24 July 2011

Bangkok, Sunday 24 July 2011

A relaxed Sunday with Keith: brunch at Café Tartine where Michele Rosich joined us. Keith ends up getting invited to join an activity of the American Women's Club tomorrow by Nina Rao, who is a board member and happens to be brunching at the same place with her husband, who partly grew up in Geneva, and her nephew from Nairobi. Keith and I then start piano hunting, with moderate success. It looms as though we may have to buy one in the end. The rentals all seem to be Corean or Chinese. In mid-afternoon we return home where pussy has been waitimg for us. Content, he now curls up on the sofa next to me. The heat gets a little to him: he tends to lay out on the floor. When we get home after a lovely dinner at Neil's Tavern, we ring Gill H. She sounds in good spirits and teases Keith about the AWC.
Tomorrow Thai classes and work start again. Keith will continue his piano hunt.
I still find it am ost unbelievable that we are both in Bangkok now, willing to start a new chapter in our joint life. For my part, I find the responsibility a little frightening: what happens if....? I have to learn to take things one day at a time and to trust my partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment